Thursday 2 September 2010

Emily Deschanel

I have been a big fan of "Bones" for a long time and until recently, I barely knew anything about Emily Deschanel. It's by pure coincidence that, while watching videos of Farm Sanctuary (which I'm a HUGE fan of), I even found out she's a vegan (for about 16 years!)! I then decided to read a little bit more about her and she seems to be so down to earth and determined to make the world a better place! I can now say that if I really like the actress, I also deeply admire the woman.
Fighting for animal right and for the environment, she uses her celebrity status to try to get more people aware of the benefits of vegan/vegetarian regimes. She is an inspiration to so many but gets way too little recognition (in my opinion). The press and public seem to be much more interested in the troubled lives of certain celebrities I don't even want to mention the names of in my blog. 






It makes me hope that, in my own little and anonymous way, I can do my part to make some people realize how precious and fragile our planet really is. My goal isn't to convert everyone to veganism as this is just not possible, but to make them see all those little things they can do on a daily basis. For instance, having a meat-free day once a week. Substituting milk and eggs while baking cakes, cookies, pancakes, etc. Switching the tap off while brushing their teeth. 

It might sound silly to some, but all little things count. 

Here's a link to Women's Health magazine, where you can read an interview with Emily Deschanel:


11 comments:

  1. It's nice when you find someone who shares your passion for a cause :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems like a smart girl. I'm not vegan myself but I do try not to cook too much meat (all bets are off in restaurants). I do feel a responsibility as I know that meat production is so bad for the planet and uses up so many resources, as well as making seed giants like Monsanto unhealthily powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that you are blogging again and that you have come to visit me at my blog. I don't know much about Emily myself but it sounds really great what she is doing and I definitely agree that there should be more coverage of these sorts of issues rather than the regular celebrity issues that are pursued by the media. I like your attitude too and I think that everyone's attitudes can count. I am not a vegan myself but I am a semi-vegitarian meaning that I don't eat any sorts of red meats. It is a result of my family and upbringing so it is what seems normal to me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hej that's fun i watched Bones for the very first time on sunday... was kinda cool. And of course you do help in your own way !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely nice to find someone you share your passions with. I have a Vegan friend who found a fellow Vegan boyfriend and it was a match made in heaven for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She seems like a lovely person indeed. I've never watched "Bones", so I know even less about her, but I think it's wonderful when influential people try to spread the message of veganism/vegetarianism and environmentally friendliness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't get one thing. Why wouldn't you want to use eggs or milk in your cooking? It's a natural side product of an animal, which is ok to use as you do no harm to anyone, no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To "anonymous":

    To this, I will only write: If you would have picked a book up on the subject, you would know. Knowledge can be such a wonderful thing.
    Hint: have a look at the conditions in which the animals who provide milk and eggs are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love her too! and I miss "Bones".
    did you know she is the sister of Zoe Deschanel? :)

    ReplyDelete