Tuesday 24 August 2010

Vegan Brownies

I didn't really intend my first real post on here to be about a recipe but due to the fact I'm on a rush this morning and that I really wanted to post something (not to get into the bad habit of not writing often enough), I decided that it would be better than nothing.

It's something I baked quite a few months back and it probably was one of my first vegan dessert baking experience. I never was a very big fan of brownies but I decided to give those a try and really didn't regret it!



  • 2 cups unbleached flour 
  • 2 cups sugar 
  • 1/2 cup cocoa 
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1 pinch of salt 
  • 1 cup water 
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips


First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Then, mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and the salt.
In a different bowl, mix the water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and vegan chocolate chips and add it all to the "dry" mixture. 
Stir well and pour into a pan and bake for 25 minutes. 



Though, the time  depends on your oven... I remember cooking them for just over 25 minutes due to my oven being a bit difficult to control the temperature of but my brownies ended up slightly too cooked. It still was delicious, don't get me wrong, but next time, I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on it!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Looking forward to reading more of your blog :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!

    Carolyn
    www.project21days.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look and sound delicious! And I recognize that bowl :)

    Your new vegan blog looks lovely. I like the layout of it a lot, and it's so much fun to get inspiration for new vegan recipes.

    ReplyDelete